Pages

Saturday 2 January 2010

Patumahoe Water Garden

A trip to the local water garden in Patumahoe was the adventure for January 2nd 2009. It was here that I saw amazing plants and flowers that I had not seen before. This is a lotus flower... up close it didn't look at all real... it reminded me of the singing, sneezing flowers in 'Alice In Wonderland"!!! I did think that if I got too close it might squirt me with water from the holes in the yellow centre.... vivid imagination I know!! We were a little too early for the lotus display... there were huge swathes of them that were on the verge of flowering... perhaps I will just have to go back to see this amazing event!! (any excuse!!)
Looking across the lotus flower fields towards a waterfall.....

January 2nd 2009 has been very different, apart from the immense difference in temperature, it has been spent with family waling on Dartmoor... the views were amazing... from Hunters Tor we had a 360 degree view, across to Manaton one way and towards Torbay and the sea the other way. I will definitely be returning to this spot one day soon.

A steep climb to start with......

Time to admire the view and have a well earned picnic.....

Hot Chocolate ready to revive....

Spectacular views...

*****************************************
And now I must go to bed. Josh is returning to uni tomorrow and needs a lift to the coach at 4.30 tomorrow morning... the things we do for our children!!!!

Good night all... sleep well
xxx

No comments: