Pages

Wednesday 25 November 2009

Here we go.....

I'm really sorry... I know it's not even December yet, but I really wanted to show you some of the new decorations that I have been making this year. Last weekend we had a young friend to stay who is going to have a stall at her local village Christmas fair... she needed some help and inspiration.... no need to ask me twice!!! We emptied every craft box ( and there are several of them hidden away under beds and in cupboards) and fabric stash, set the sewing machine up and got to work. I must have sewn about 30 hearts for the girls to stuff and add ribbon to. Then it was my turn to play! I found my HUGE tin of old buttons and set to work, leaving the girls to stuff, and set about making these yummy decorations..... I am so pleased with how they have turned out.....
.... and they look great on my driftwood tree.....
I mentioned to the girls that I thought that I might not have a conventional tree this year, but take some long walks and look for some long twiggy branches that I could decorate instead.... this was met with cries of horror..."You can't do that, we must have a 'proper' tree"!!! The jury is still out on that one!
Don't you think these will look super on a twiggy tree? Not bad for a first try??!

More buttons.... Star of Wonder...

... and finally, my favourite.... a ribbon wreath. I saw this idea when I went along to Creative Stitches in Exeter in September and fell in love with it. I managed to find these amazing ribbons at a fantastic little shop in Totnes that has buckets of them for you to rummage through... all at 50p per bundle!!!! Bargain!!
I think I'll be making more of these... watch this space.

We all had a brilliant weekend being creative... the girls went on to make snowmen from polystyrene balls and fake snow... pics soon, button hearts AND... a huge MESS!!!!! I'm still finding snow everywhere!!

Must pop off now, more teaching in Sidmouth tomorrow, small people to tuck up ( Ok, they're not that small but they still like being tucked up... and I wouldn't miss it for the world!) and then off to bed for me!

Have a peaceful sleep and a happy Thursday

Love Yvonne xxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy.

KC'sCourt! said...

Love the button decorations, they are great you have inspired me! I saw the ribbon wreath at Exeter too, I'm going to make one I just need a few extra hours in the day!

Sal said...

I love it all...and must find that shop in Totnes!!
;-)

Thedarkerside73 said...

Looks like you had great fun! love the button wreaths they are so pretty. And you star. And you have inspired me to have a go at making a ribbon wreath too for our home.

Have a lovely rest of the week.



MBBx

...Nina Nixon... said...

I love your ribbony wreath and the button decorations are beautiful.

take care,

Nina x

Pomona said...

I wanted to have a twig tree this year, but Princess Bunchy is resisting the idea. I am not sure who will prevail!

Pomona x

Julia said...

What wonderful decorations!! Very unique, I do like the ribbon one you made, it puts me in mind of holly and berries!!

Julia xxx