Pages

Monday 23 November 2009

Catching up...

I have been in such a stew just lately.... really wanting to post to my blog, feeling guilty that I have promised a free hand embroidery tutorial and not done that yet, wanting to keep up with all of your lovely blogs and comment on them, post some pictures of what I have been up to, but... as you already know, a whole month has passed since I last posted..... sorry! there have been so many events, trips, makes and projects to tell about, but, apart from the fact that my internet connection is VERY intermittent.... grrrrrrr... and it takes A.G.E.S to upload pictures... more grrrrrr.... I have been extremely busy. As quick as I make jewellery, bags, pictures etc... they are selling. Yay for me, but not so yay for you as I haven't had time to photograph them all!!!

Ah well.... here are a few pics that I have managed to take....
More splishy, splashy pictures..... these are now adorning the walls of Pebbles........

Poppy fields.....


The sea....... this one is now sold!!!


Fireworks.....

Hmmmmm.... couldn't come up with a name for this one... any ideas???

Field of flowers...

I've also been to The Bead Lagoon and taught several more classes... this one was a little more advanced and we did some wire work.....
Ooooops, you shouldn't have seen that... how did those Jaffa cakes sneak into the picture??? Mark and Kate are so good at keeping us going with endless cups of tea, coffee and Jaffa cakes.... mmmmmm!!!

Wrapping...

Shaping and bending....

Concentrating hard....

************************************************

I have also been doing a bit of galavanting.... my favourite pastime.... well, one of them.

I went here.... any guesses???

.... and my MOST favourite place..... here...... for a spot of R & R, walks along very blustery beaches, lots of lovely food, new friends made and a spot of retail therapy!!!
Just look... isn't it gorgeous?
Oh, and I've also been walking on Dartmoor... just look at the colours... stunning!
Avon Dam.... not too far from home



Well, that's a bit of a whistle stop tour of the last month or so.... Sorry it's been soooo long. I started out on my blogging adventure thinking that I would post something of interest every day, but life just isn't like that... it's filled with many days of mundane chores and work, with a few exciting adventures in between!

Having said that, Christmas has come early here and we have been having fun making some small pressies and decorations... if this awful soggy rain stops I will take some pics to show you... It was good to have some light, creative relief as my small nephew has been really poorly over the last few days.... his family are missionaries in Macedonia and they were on holiday in Bulgaria visiting friends when he had to be rushed into hospital. He is making a gradual recovery but is having to come back to the UK to have yet more tests as they have no idea what is causing him to be so ill... for those of you so inclined, we would love you to remember him in your prayers... his name is Evan.

Thank you xxxx

5 comments:

Sal said...

Lovely to see you back!
I love your splishy splashy art work! You've been incredibly industrious! ;-)

KC'sCourt! said...

Lovely to see you back. I love the artwork.

Anonymous said...

Love the Dartmoor pics. You may want to loose an a and add an l and an i in "galavanting"...!

Pomona said...

I love your work - have been wondering how you are getting on. Hope your son is enjoying university, too.

Pomona x

Esther said...

I do love your splashy pictures and the photos make me almost homesick.. I love Dartmoor, will have to bring the boys down there when they are a bit older and do a walking holiday.. or a holiday that has walking in it anyway ! Hope your nephew is on the mend.