Pages

Tuesday 14 April 2009

Hello and welcome

Hello and welcome to Joharo. I have been thinking about this blog for a while now, but you know what it's like, you start reading others and think that there is no way that you can achieve anything as beautiful, funny, inspiring and uplifting as theirs, and you give up even before you started. Well.... I have not given up and here we are. As I have been thinking about what to say on my first post I was reminded about a story I wrote when I was a small girl. It was entitled "The Penny". It was a story about the life of a penny - funny that, given the title- and the first line went something like.."'BANG!' And there it was!!" I feel a little bit like that with this blog - 'Bang" and there I am out in the ether hoping to be found and of use!!
You may be wondering where the name Joharo came from? Well, to cut a very long story short, I used to foster children and babies, and one of these dear children, a baby no more than a few weeks old, came to live with us for about a year. Not long before her first birthday the baby was adopted and I was so heartbroken; to all intents and purposes she was my child and I loved her as my own. Amazingly, the adoptive parents, who are also incredibly creative and talented, wanted to keep in touch, and I am now her God-mother and see her once a year. It was during one of these visits when I was setting up a new business making children's play tents/dens and accessories, that we had a brain storming session to come up with a name for the business. We thought around the obvious names but nothing seemed to be right. As a last attempt, we wrote the names of my 3 children down onto paper - Joshua, Harriet and Rosie and there it was. So as you can see, the name is special to me in more ways than one.

Some pictures of my play tents and dens

Wigwam

                                                                 Blanket

 Cottage Tabletop Tent
                                      

I am looking forward to sharing snippets of my  family, life, work, creativity and ideas with you. Please feel free to get in touch at anytime, I would love to hear from you. xxx 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yvonne, what a lovely opening to the web page - beautiful picture, beautiful products, and a very personal touch explaining the name! The very best of luck, Neal x

Anonymous said...

Your new Blog is great Yvonne, I look forward to seeing it develop!
Kate