Pages

Thursday 16 April 2009

Beady Thursday

Don't you just love it when the post man arrives on the doorstep with a pile of parcels for you??? I get soo excited........ today was one of those days! Two parcels.... did I really order that much?



Here's a sneek at what was lurking inside.....aren't they delicious?


I especially like these ones...


and these....

and these...


and these.....


they really are delicious aren't they?
Well, that was it, once opened I was immediately inspired to make some new pieces of jewellery. Firstly, this one...



I really love the bright summery colours, they make me feel very happy. I used waxed cotton to string the beads on to, some, with larger holes, have been threaded directly onto the cotton, whilst the others I have either put onto a headpin or created my own headpins with a wire shape at the bottom. I really enjoy working with the wire and creating new shapes. I think that they really add a special touch to the necklace. In my usual style, I also made earrings and bracelet to match....








I also had an order from a lady who had previously bought one of my necklaces to make her another one the same but in "kingfisher" colours..



I think it turned out ok.
I have been thinking about setting up a website to sell my jewellery and other hand made bits, and now that I have new beads, I think that I had better do something about it. I am not really sure where to start but I am sure that it will all come together......in the end.


I had some really exciting news yesterday and that is that I have been selected to show my jewellery and demonstrate / hold workshops in jewellery making at The Great Create that is to be held at Greenway House, on the banks of the river Dart in Devon, over the bank holiday weekend in May. Aghh... so much to do and prepare, but, I feel fully justified in buying all those beads as I now have to make lots and lots so that I have product to sell. I would love to see you if you are near by, come and say "Hi" and have a go at making something for yourself - you'll love it...I promise.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring? I hope that your tomorrow is filled with happiness  and little treasures to thrill your hearts.

Bye for now xx

4 comments:

pamfm said...

Hi Yvonne, good to see that you have already done something lovely with those new beads!

Naimah said...

Those beads are gorgeous,love the final result, I especially like the first pair of earrings you showed, I would definitely buy from you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne! Found you via Jane at Posy! Adore your jewellery...let us know if you are planning a shop on-line. Congrats on your blog!
AngieP in Scotland

KC'sCourt! said...

I love those beads they are fabulous! And to demonstrate at Greenway House that is going to be fun especially if you are and Agatha Christie fan. I would love to go round the house, you will have to tell me what it is like. I know that area very well as my parents built a house in the South Hams area in the eighties.