Pages

Sunday 22 August 2010

... and the bride wore.....

.... Converse trainers... with tartan tongues and rainbow socks!!!!... Well... why not? Not one for girly girlie things the bride opted for comfortable footwear... much to the amusement of the guests as she walked up a spiral staircase in the church on her way to sign the register... these delightful shoes were revealed to all and there were many titters and much muffled laughter rippling around the church!!!

Enough of that for a moment... lets back up a little... remember this sneak peek back in March? Well, last saturday saw the culmination of many months of sewing, fitting and late nights.... but I am happy to report that, although the bride very rarely wears a dress and wasn't relishing the thought of wearing one on her wedding day,... when she put the finished dress on she had an enormous smile on her face... that said it all and I was satisfied that I had done a good job!


And here they are.... the happy couple......


... doesn't she look beautiful?


Unfortunately, I didn't get the opportunity to take many close up photos and what you can't see is that I hand embroidered some swirls and leaves across the front of the dress in ivory silk and silver thread. The back was also stunning as it was laced up with silver ribbon which tied with a bow at the top with long ribbon tails draping down the train... If I manage to snaffle someone else's photos... I'll let you have a look... it was lovely... ( even though I say so myself!!!)

I did manage one photo however..... the bride wanted to be able to hitch her train up for the reception so that she could walk about unhindered, so asked me to put a hook half way down the train that could be attached to the bottom of the lacing, thereby lifting the train off of the floor. I knew that I couldn't leave the hook showing so I made this lovely little dragonfly out of clear crystal beads and silver wire and sewed it in place over the hook..... what do you think? I was really pleased with it... it looked so gorgeous!


The reception was held at a local village hall which had been draped with these beautiful muslin swags. The bride and her family had spent the day before setting up the tables with the balloons and flowers ... the whole effect was beautiful...


Don't these hydrangeas look lovely..... there's a story behind these too..... the Bride had set her heart on having hydrangeas for her wedding... in her bouquet and at the reception, but hadn't managed to find enough... that is until she arrived at my house last Thursday to pick up her dress... and then she spotted the three rather large hydrangea bushes in my front garden that were bursting with zillions of flowers... well... you can guess what happened can't you....? Yes, that's right, we raided them and they went home with a boot full of flowers and my bushes looked none the worse for their pruning, they are still bursting with flowers....


Here is the bouquet... made by the brides mum... it is gorgeous......


A quick peek at the cake which was made by the groom's Gran..... simple but elegant..


One final parting shot of the happy couple...... CONGRATULATIONS to you both xxxxx



(p.s... I made the necklace too!!!!)

3 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

The Bride looks very pretty as does the dress. It all looks wonderful. And why not wear trainers. I was always told comfortable feet makes a happy person!
Julie xxxxx

Thedarkerside73 said...

Wow what a stunning dress! you must be very proud of yourself! It is amazing! And dont they look such a happy couple.

And coming to the rescue again with the flowers, it must of left you with a good feeling. What a talented lady you are. I think it must be most crafters dream to make a wedding dress, I know it is mine. Who knows maybe one day I will be good enough to tackle something like for one of girls wedding days??

Thanks for sharing such happy pictures.


MBB x

Blooming Felt said...

How lovely !! Well done you - that dress is beauuuuuutiful !!! And the bride is a girl after my own heart .... I too wore trainers on my wedding day !!

Sarah xx