Pages

Thursday 17 June 2010

A perfect summers evening....

After a long day at work, head down making jewellery whilst at China Blue... where, incidentally, the glass blower has now started blowing glass, the furnace is raging and I am melting(!!!) ... what could be better than an invite from lovely friends to join them for the evening.
Into my (newish) little car I jumped and drove through those gorgeous Devon lanes towards Torbay... the home of sand, beach huts, grockles (holiday makers to you and me)... and of course Torbay palms....


... to my friends garden where.... the sun was beating down from a clear blue sky, grasses were gently swaying in the breeze.....


... water was splish splashing it's way over the pebbles....


... and the water lilies were about to burst... are you there yet... can you imagine it??


A glass of wine was forced (!!!) into my hands


... and the barbeque was well on it's way...... tikka chicken, sausages, bbq duck, new potatoes and burgers... what a feast...


Flaming hot!!!! ...


... and something I've not seen before ... a smokey smoker..... the smell of the applewood sawdust smoking away was amazingly wonderful... (only downside was that I came home smelling like I'd been sitting in the smoke house myself!!!)....


yup, it's definitely smoking!!!

... lift up the lid though and ta dah..... smoked chicken... just look at that colour, and the taste, well, it was to die for! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Sorry... no pics of the table laden with all that scrumptious food... too keen to get tucked in, and what a meal it was... yum, yum ,yum......!


To sit outside in the garden and chat and laugh with good friends, to admire the garden, to eat well and relax is my kind of evening


... and as the evening drew to a close and the light began to fade, the candles are lit in the trees...


Reluctantly, it was time to head for home, but not without stopping at the top of the hill to take a few more photos for you to savour....


This spot has to be one of the best view points in Paignton.... you can see right across the bay towards Brixham, the pier at Paignton and the vast expanse of ocean spread out before you....


... what a spot to sit and dream......


One final farewell before hopping back into Bobbin ( my little car)... yes, that's her sat waiting patiently for me to return.... to trundle back through the lanes to home sweet home......
Perfect xxxx

Hopefully you can now see the photos I took... sorry, I didn't realise most of them were missing..
Enjoy xx

2 comments:

Helen said...

It doesn't get much better than that!! Love Helen x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics - well worth waiting for!! :-) Wendy xx