Pages

Thursday 18 February 2010

Pitter patter...

I woke up yesterday to the sound of pitter patter raindrops.. well, actually, it was more like torrential down pour!! Hmmmmmm.... What to do???

Walking was definitely out of the question.... going soft in my old age!

So... what does one do on a drippy droppy day?

Ooooooh yes.... I had an order for one of my beaded wire cross necklaces, so it was out with these scrumptious beads......
.... and my silver wire....
... and ... Ta Dah..... look what I made....

Now, being inspired to finish off a few other pending jobs, it was out with the tape measure...

... scissors and pins... a snip here and a rip of stitches there..... gently does it....

... and a stunning dress is altered to fit a beautiful bride......
What feels like another life time ago I used to have a business designing and making Wedding dresses.... I absolutely loved it. At times it was stressful... staying up all night to finish embroidery, meeting deadlines, most of which fell in the 6 months between March and August, but most of all, the job satisfaction was worth all the heartache and late nights! Watching the bride put her finished dress on, seeing the look on her face as the dream became a reality was a brilliant moment. I haven't made a wedding dress for many years now, but strangely enough, I have been asked to alter this one and to make a dress for another wedding in August this year. To say I feel a little rusty is an understatement, but I am confident that it will be ok and that the brides will be happy with my efforts! I have really enjoyed getting back into the swing of making these 'once in a life time' dresses... watch this space for more updates as they progress!
*******************************************************
Today has been a very different day altogether. I had an early appointment in town this morning and the drive in was beautiful... I wish I could have taken some photos to show you. As I dropped down the hill into town the view across towards the hills was stunning. There had been snow overnight but now the sun was shining brilliantly and the sky was the most perfect blue. As I looked up into the distance I could see dartmoor covered in snow, gleaming in the early morning sun... words cannot really describe how awesome it looked.
On arriving home, as I stepped out of the car, the bird song was brilliant... I wish I could have captured it for you. It was as if the birds were so happy to see some sun and feel the warmth of it on their backs... signaling hope.... spring, new growth, warmth... that they just couldn't help sing and shout about it!!!
I spent a happy afternoon catching up with friends and walking the grounds of Dartington Hall... I love to come and wander here... every season is so different, and the whole place is just soooo peaceful

Come on in......

Just inside these doors on the left is an old barn that has been converted into a cinema/theatre... it's such a brilliant place to watch a movie... it feels so homely. Well today, it was Rosie and her friends turn to watch a movie whilst us adults headed straight for the 'Round house' cafe for coffee.... oh, and a tincey wincey piece of yummy cake,,,, weeeeellllll... it's not every day you know!!!
A walk around the grounds of the Great Hall revealed lawns and banks smothered in crocuses and snowdrops....

... and stunning Hellebores in the most amazing colours.

I hope that you too have had a bright sunny day and that you have managed to spend some time in the sunshine.......

Well.... I'd better pop off now... I have another early start in the morning. I'm off to teach in Sidmouth again. I am really hoping that the weather stays sunny and gorgeous as I would like to spend some time walking along the sea front to Jacob's Ladder... where I might just treat myself to a cup of tea overlooking the beach... fancy joining me?

Happy weekend.

Love Yvonne xxxx

No comments: