Pages

Monday 24 August 2009

Summer...

Hello, hello! I know it's been sooooo long since I last popped by. To be honest, it always takes time to gather your thoughts after several weeks away and what a few weeks it's been. To say that they have been eventful would be an understatement!! All will be revealed as you read on! Our first week away; by that I mean Harriet, Rosie and I; was at a Bible week in Shepton Mallet. I would love to say that I have lots of beautiful pics, but, to my shame, I haven't. The camera came with me but never, not even once, came out of the bag!!!! We arrived at the agricultural show ground in the rain; the ground was already waterlogged in many places and it took a while to decide where to put the tent up.. not wanting to wake up floating off down the hill in a river of mud and water!! That decided, we set too... in between the rain showers... and put the tent up, found the gas and the cooker, and yes, you guessed, made the first of many cups of tea!!!!
The girls were both helping out on teams, Harriet with the 1yr olds...I was hoping that this was going to put her off wanting a baby too soon... however, every day, on her return from the sessions she was full of gooey stories of how cute they were etc!!!!
Rosie was helping with 4yr olds and had tremendous fun making things and singing!! I spent my time catching up with old friends over more tea and the best chocolate mountains (I know, not good for me, but the weather was atrocious!!.. needed cheering up some how!!) to be found in the local vicinity. Dress code for the week was skirts (for us girlies) and wellies.. the mud was over your ankles in places!! despite the weather and mud, a good week was had by all.

It was then a quick dash home for one night, 4 loads of washing washed, dried and re-packed, car unpacked and re-packed... I'm sure it was round by the time we finished packing it ... friends picked up, more squashing things into the car, and eventually we were off, the girls heads in the back all rubbing against the ceiling as they were sat on so much bedding!!! I had the best seat of all... so much leg room on the drivers side! FaVouriTe PlaCe here we come!!!!

Again the weather was not so good, we had one day of sun and the rest of the time it was over cast or wet. BUT that did not deter us from having loads of fun and the girls spending loads of time in the water... actually every minute they could..... here are a few pics of the FaB time we had in the sea....


The beach Babes....
The bottom right hand picture is of the girls in a huge 'rock pool' that appeared once the tide had gone out...
Fun on the body boards....
I lOVe the happy faces.. what brilliant memories....
The waves were HUGE... A great workout!!!
There was the odd trip away from the site... mainly for food, and this little excursion to Padstow one evening was no exception.. it was a gorgeous evening. We had had the perfect day on the beach in the sun and then came here for fish and chips... yum yum!
Beautiful sisters....

Me and my girls.....

All the above pictures were taken before the disastrous events.... hence we look relaxed and happy!!!!
We had to take another trip out for food .. didn't realise quite how hungry it makes you being in the water all day.. and on leaving the supermarket I drove into the back of a friends car..... CRASH!!!!! I was mortified, both cars were still drivable and we managed to get them home, but we've had them looked at since and they are both write offs.. how clever am I.. two with one crash? Still feel gutted about the whole thing, but, no one was hurt and it's only a car.
The following day, I managed to displace my knee cap so that it had completely slidden off my knee to one side...whilst I was body boarding OUCH!!!! Five minutes later the cord from a body board caught around my neck, jerking me backwards, under water, whilst the sea was pulling me into shore... OUCH OUCH!!!!!!!*****!!!!! Major panic... as I am obviously writing this now you know that I survived these events but not without bruising and wondering what else was going to go wrong... fortunately, nothing has. The car situation is being sorted and the bruising around my neck has now gone, and I did go back in the sea as these pics will prove...

..... I was determined not to let the events spoil the fun that I have in the sea...
We had some great evenings in the caravan too. One night we had a pamper evening... nails, hair make up.. the works and another night we had a 'C' evening. 'C' because we were Camping in a Caravan in Cornwall. Harriet and her friend Bebe cooked carbonara, we drank Coke, ate crisps and crunchies and played Cluedo all by candlelight... Classic!!!!
This last photo has to be one of my favourites... You an see how strong the sea was and how much fun the girls were having dodging/dealing with the waves... I have so many happy memories and will probably do the same again next year!!!!
I hope that you have all had uneventful, fun filled, memory making holidays... I'm looking forward to reading about them all.

Pictures of the workshop to come soon...


No comments: